Do you like working with technology? Do you enjoy learning everything you can while helping others? Do you tinker with every piece of technology you can get your hands on? Does the idea of helping build something new excite you?
Geek2Go is looking for a bright individual with an aptitude for technology and learning! We are hiring for a front desk / repair technician. The job duties are outlined below. Training for all steps is provided. Technical Experience is not necessary. This is an awesome entry level technician job, that is great for anyone looking to get started in the IT Industry.
Front Desk/Repair Tech Position Summary
Front Desk Duties
- Checking Customers In
- Basic Diagnostics/2Tech Check
- Quoting repair pricing
- Taking deposits when necessary
- Setting up Repair Appointments
- Checking Customers Out
- Reviewing the repairs done with customer
- Demonstrating the Device is in working condition to the customer
- Answering any questions the customers might have
- Documenting the Ticket & Collecting any remaining balance due
- Answering The Phone (following scripts)
- Quoting basic repair prices
- Encouraging people to come into store
- Setting up Repair Appointments
- Running Point of sales system
- Running the register
- Creating and editing tickets
- Updating needed special order parts
- Leaving notes to relevant tickets
- Making sales
- Accessories & installing them
- Talking about our Managed Care Packages
- Repair Disclaimers
- Learning scripts and careful wording
- Being careful not to make promises we cannot keep
- Setting timeframes and expectations
- Communicating between techs and customers on estimated repair times
- Following up
- Reach out to customers about devices and updates
- Staging devices
- Setting up devices for repair and helping techs stay on schedule.
- NONS (Non negotiables)
- Opening procedures
- Closing procedures
Repair Tech Duties
These tasks will become a part of your job description as you are trained and found proficient at each step. Repair Tasks will take place in between your Front Desk Duties.
- Computer Repairs
- Setting up and/or repairing computer hardware and other associated devices such as printers and scanners
- Paying close attention to the user’s description of their computer problem and asking questions to identify the problem and determine how to solve it
- Troubleshooting network problems and individual user hardware or software problems
- Providing technical support to customers in a 1-on-1 setting.
- Assisting Remote Support clients as needed
- Documenting your troubleshooting in repair tickets
- Phone & Tablet Repair
- Screen & Battery Repairs
- iOS / Android Troubleshooting
- Micro soldering Prep *Disassemble Device so it’s ready for the micro soldering repair*
Recommended / Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
These are not necessary as we will train. However please be sure to let us know on your resume if your qualified or skilled in any of these areas:
- Experiencing troubleshooting Windows OS 7, 8, 10
- Experience troubleshooting macOS
- The ability to learn on the fly and research solutions
- Basic experience with setup and support of Office 365 and G-Suite
- Basic Experience with remote management solutions
- Command Line and PowerShell experience
- A desire to help people
- Able to work independently without supervision.
Please email your cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This is a Contracted – Part Time position that is approx. 20 hours a week.
- On occasion more hours might be made available.
- Hourly Rate is $15.
- Schedule is flexible.
- Operational Hours are M-F 10am to 6pm.
- Saturdays 10am to 4pm. Closed Sundays.